Data Scientist - IT, Pune
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- • Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- • Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- • Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- • Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- • Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- • Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- • Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- • Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- • Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Perl, Python, SparkML, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- • Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- • Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig.
- • Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- • Experience with Hadoop or similar distributed computing and storage platforms.
- • Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- • Good scripting and programming skills.
- • Exceptional analytical abilities,creativity and attention to details.
- • Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- • Good team player who is a self-starter and well organized.
- • Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Graduate degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline.
Please email your resume to email@example.com